Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a simple question on the recommended engine oil and oil filter for my wifes 2003 C230 Kompressor........The MBZ shop said Mobil 1 is the right oil but could not answer the weight.. SAE 5W-30 or 10W-30??.. We live in S. Cailf and mostly take short drives to the market, etc... Only an occassional 50-100 trip....Also, I like to know the part # of the recommended oil filter from MBZ.. I won't ask for a x-reference, but if someone wants to post a "just-in-case" number, that would be ok........................Thanks in adavance, Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zero on the owners amnual or "offical MB products"

Lynn,

The owners manual page that lists the recommended oil is blank for that part..It seems to list everything else though. A search on "google" lends nothing except you guys, and my MB dealer knows even less......I figured I could get the answer here....I don't believe Mobil 1, the recommended oil, comes in 0-40W... Seems only 5W-30 or 10W-30....So, can I get that simple answer, or is this the wrong forum?.............................Tony

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Around here 0W-40 is available at Autozone, Wal-Mart and some other places, although my dealer uses Castrol Syntech 5W-40. There should be seperate booklet for the autorized service products. Can't think of the exact name of the booklet. I usually keep it near the computer, but it is in the car right now, and I am too lazy to get dressed to go get it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts