Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend some options for wheels for ML that won't break the bank? Looking to purchase some 17" Wheels/Tires; tirerack has very few options for 17's; and tires.com has none.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
stick with either factory benz wheels or AMG's. most aftermarket hub-centric wheels do not sit right on these vehicles and you will have a much rougher ride and phantom vibrations that no amount of wheel balancing seems to correct. this is not to say that all aftermarket wheels will cause this, but most that come into my shop do have these issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I had that problem once before with a set of Moda's on my 98 Audi A4; could never figure out the "phantom" vibration. Looks like Auto class has some good prices on AMG wheels or of course E-Bay. Have yound the hubcentric problem with BBS wheels?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
BBS wheels by and large are not nearly as problematic as other aftermarket brands. normally they work perfectly although there are some cases where they cause problems (odds are definately in favor of BBS, though). i see a lot of giovanna and similar "bling bling" type chrome rims causing most of the problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts