Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was just wondering which cd changer model / part no. fits in the 2000 s 430. I recently purchased one and i have to put in a cd changer.

Please help me as i am completely confused on which changer to buy as i am looking online. (My dealer won't tell me model number because they want me to buy off of them). Also will i need to buy mounting brackets? and how do i know if the vehicle is supports the fiber - optic or non fiber-optic changers?

and one last question.... how can i tell if the vehicle is pre-wired with the cables to connect the changer, or do all MB come prewired??

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Pretty much all MB's that were available with a CD changer come prewired for a CD changer. There are a few exceptions that end up in circulation, though. If you're still running the factory stereo, then any MB CD changer with D2B fiber optics will do. There's really only 2 different models available (though more than 2 different part #'s). There's the older style (bigger), and a newer style (smaller). You can identify them by the access door for the changer. The bigger one will have a button to shut the door, while the smaller one, you have to shut the door with your finger. If you get the smaller one, you'll need the adapter brackets for it to properly fit onto your telematics bracket in the trunk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome.... just one more question

Does anybody know where i can track down a a d2b compatible fiber optics cable as im pretty sure my car didn't come with one or it was ripped out before it was sold to me?

i saw this one but im not sure that it will work

http://mbdoctor.com/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=77

are their any other ones online that might be cheaper?

please help thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts