Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

How does the coupe compare to the previos shape sedan ( which I have ?) the Power seems to be the same but the tourque a bit more on the sedan(i Think)

Also what about a 328i - it also makes 141kw ??

cheers

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The coupe with the 2.3 liter engine has the same torque as a W202 sedan. For some unknown reason MBUSA rounded down the number from 207 to 200 in their literature. The 2003 coupes with the 1.8 liter engines do have less torque than either the 2002's or your W202.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power Coupe vs Sedan

After a few months with the sedan - I think the sedan will smoke the coupe... :twisted:

I spoke to an aftermaket tuner and he has a pulley/exhaust/chip conversion that will bring the power to 180+kw from 142kw. Not to shabby...

http://www.rgmotorsport.co.za/

Any comments

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Coupe is Faster than the Sedan Per MB Tech info (STOCK) so if you mod The sedan Yes the Sedan will SMOKE the Coupe...BUT If You MOD the Coupe You WILL Get SMOKED :p
My Wifes Coupe Smokes the BMW 330Coupe and 5.0Mustangs No Problems... I Think The Numbers are Low From your tuner!
It Should be Over 200rwhp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sedan vs Coupe

That is 180+ kilowatts pal !

Is your wifes coupe chipped/modded?

I drove the 230 coupe yesterday and I still believe the sedan is more powerful. Where did you get the mbtech info ?

Cheers :twisted:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The sedans are not more powerful than the coupes. They are slightly lighter, and in some countries, might be geared differently thus having better acceleration. Top speed in the US is limited to 130mph for both. In Europe, both cars can reach 149mph before drag overcomes hp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sedan vs Coupe

Hi,

I am sure the torque is more on the sedan than the coupe.

Yes - gearing is fairly hectic on the sedan which makes the takeoff quite nice... :twisted:

5th is long winded but with that amount of torque it works well.
In SA the top speed claimed by MBSA is 230 kmph - not sure in miles.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts