Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody tell me is c230 kompressor sedan better or c240 in general
also, is the aftermarket navigation system install a problem? (cuz in some of the threats people said the whole car needs to be rewired...) tks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Which car is better is completely a matter of personal preference:

C230Sedan:
Plus - Quicker, sportier (only comes with sport pkg), better mileage, better handling
Minus - Aluminum interior trim, slightly rougher engine, wide tires "hunt" on uneven pavement

C240Sedan:
Plus - smoother engine, smoother ride, doesn't "hunt" on uneven pavement, wood interior trim
Minus - slower, doesn't handle quite as well, doesn't have "sport" appearance

In short, only diffferences are engine/suspension/wheels/tires, and interior trim. Any other differences can be remedied through the option list when ordering the car.

Both cars are very sweet rides. Which is better depends on your personal idea of what makes a great car.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Also, the C230k Sedan gets that neat blue tinted glass. I really doubt there are any suspension differences other than recalibrated shocks. MB claims the coupe has bigger sway bars than the 240 but it doesn't, and I would think that the 230k Sedan uses the same bars as the coupe and the 240 and 320. Personally, I see the aluminum trim as a plus and the cliched wood trim as a minus. Very thin wood veneer covered by plastic resin doesn't mean luxury to me.

The 230k Sedan is clearly superior to the 240. It is cheaper, quicker and much more economical. If one really has to have the wood, one can buy it at the parts department.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tks...but one more question

tks .. one more question regarding the naviagtion problem.. is aftermarket system hard to intall?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess that depends on your level of experience. If you're talking about either the US or Euro COMAND I'm sure you'll find yourself doing a fair amount of splicing and having to go to the dealership to have it turned on. Depending on where you live you may want to contact Steve. He makes trips from the Netherlands and does installs. PM me if you want more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts