Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which One Should i buy 02 2.3 or 03 1.8?

i see theres more mods for 2.3 am looking into buying 1 within the next 3 weeks am not sure which one i should get can someone help 2.3 better? than 1.8? what would u get?

·
Registered
31 Posts
my intuition tells me that it's better not to buy a car in its first model year. plus, since a significantly smaller engine doesnt give not that great a difference in HP and torque, my guess is that it's more advanced and refined.

just my 0.02

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah....i tend to agree on that one. i hear the trade off is in the buyer's favor.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Might want to check the price on the C320 Coupe and drive to compare before buying, just a thought.
Tom

·
Banned
175 Posts
I bought the C320 Coupe for $29,500. DO not understand $10000 more. In Oct 2002 I paid $28,000 for my C230 Coupe. Maybe not more fun to drive but a little quicker, it just feels better to me than the C230, but Love both cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I have driven both. I bought a 2003 w/the 1.8. As far as performance goes, I think that in every day to day driving they are pretty equal. Unless you have a stopwatch, your not going to notice the difference in acceleration. However, the 1.8 is definitely quieter as far as engine noise is concerned. It also is much smoother running. It seems to be a more refined engine. It's just a tad slower in the acceleration end. For a 4 banger, it is uncannily smooth and quiet.....and it nevers leaves you feeling that you need more grunt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree completely with Benz2, and I also feel compelled to say that he made an excellent choice of color for his coupe. :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
GJR, obviously you have excellent taste.....It looks like we have twins! I'm really not a great fan of white cars.....however, the black Panoramic roof and the C7 wheels make for a stunning looking coupe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts