• Other

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
E=MB²
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a silly poll, I'm sure most have several reasons for their choice, but which was the most important factor in making your decision?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I picked up SWMBO's 210 Wagon for less than half the going retail price. It met all of her automotive needs and exceeded mine, even though it was 10 years old.

Value for me.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Being German it's a no brainer. What better to advertise this than driving behind the three pointed star. VW and Audi are also OK but BMW is out of the question as that is Bavarian and not real German. I suppose it also helps that my family is from Mannheim and my Great grandfather knew Karl Benz.

I suppose it's just knowing that I'm driving the best of the best. That is any Merc built up to the late 80's anyway. I especially like my 300TD's truck like quality, it gos well with my MAN truck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you cannot faulter German enginerring thats always a good selling pouint.
i heard somewhere that Mercedes spend £1 million a day on research and development, that is an investment for great cars.

·
Registered
263 Posts
hehe, why not "all of the above"?
+1. All are valid reasons. One can also consider build quality and dealer service. I've even gotten a fair price, IMHO, for what was received.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BMW's are ugly. Lexus is to plain and ordinary. Audi's are ugly. To make a long story short...nothing looks good or make's me feel good driving it unless it's a Benz. Well....I do like the new Cadiliac's but they burn way more gas and have way more problems. That's the only other vehicle that I do like. Bite me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't care for BMW or Lexus either. We have friends who like theirs, but they all look the same, and at least Mercedes-Benz offers a car line that fits various personalities and needs/wants. However, I do like Audi as they make some of the most fuel-economical vehicles there are (The Audi R8 is the top-rated supercar in this factor) and they make a few nice-looking cars, especially with those LED's on the headlight runners. My least-favorite car make from Europe would have to be Volkswagon, though. They make ugly, independable, noisy pieces of junk typically driven on the Autobahn by idiotic teenagers who think they're driving a Mclaren or so. VW might own some amazing car manufacturers, but it doesn't mean the actual VW's are nice cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Family need

I bought as I needed an Van which is safe and have a 7 seats.Honda and Toyota are too plain to buy.I could only see R350 as the only van I need and I took it it is safe and modern.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ahh yes....I see those Audi's with smily headlights. I'm sorry, but I dont like those either. The car looks bubblie and it must be expensive to keep those 20 to 30 tiny light bulbs lit, clean, and crack proofed. LOL And you can see that car coming a mile away in the daytime. Its more sporty than luxury. What type of Audi is that in the movie "The Transporter"? That one looks real nice and luxurious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The R350 has 7 seats? I will have to take a look at the vehicle again the next time I'm at the dealer. Not to keen on the look of the vehicle tho.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ahh yes....I see those Audi's with smily headlights. I'm sorry, but I dont like those either. The car looks bubblie and it must be expensive to keep those 20 to 30 tiny light bulbs lit, clean, and crack proofed. LOL And you can see that car coming a mile away in the daytime. Its more sporty than luxury. What type of Audi is that in the movie "The Transporter"? That one looks real nice and luxurious.
I've never seen the Transporter, we didn't get that movie in our region of Germany, but it's most likely either an RS6 Avant or the R8 - those two are common in action films since they make loud noises and look sexy with explosions, or so they say back in the US. And I know what you mean about the Audis, but the bulbs are LED's and won't go out until the car's falling apart of old age anyway, haha. And I personally prefer bubbley cars since most of the fastest supercars have a bubbley form for the superior aerodynamics. If you're a need-for-speed freak like I am, then bubbles is your thing. ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts