Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
I wonder if rust is still a problem in Audi's. I can remember my dad's Audi 80 back when we lived on the old country near Bremerhaven. It was near new but the rust was bad.
I think they are fully galvanised now but am not sure. I'm not too keen on the new stuff. Mainly due to the electronics in vehicles now days. It;s all nice and plush but once something goes wrong, thats it. That goes for all makes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I have the same problem with my '99 ML320, but the 2008 C-class is built totally different and rust isn't a problem at all. My fiance's grandfather has a 2005 A4 Limo and it looks and runs fantastic as though it's fresh off the lot. And his cousin owns a 2000 A4 Avant that's in very good condition, too. It seems to me that German auto manufacturers improved quality in 2000 and up just to meet the demands of a new millennium.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here in the state of Illinois, the speed limit is 55mph. In other states, its 65 or 70 mph. Those fast cars will cause people to get speeding tickets which cost 75.00 dollars for the first 15 miles over the speed limit then go up to 100.00 dollars for 20 to 30 miles over that speed limit and then add county fees, etc and you can easily get your self with a ticket that cost 2 to 3 hundred dollars. Not a lot of fast cars around here. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
......in fact my E320 is the fastest on the road. I get a big kick out of outrunning BMW's and Cadiliac's ( the only fast cars I ever see) from a stop light. My E320 does not dissappoint and I get 29 miles to the gallon on the highway. That's about the most of car racing I get a chance to do. Would love to drive the AutoBaun in Germany. I hear there is no speed limit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol well when I was driving my ML320 in Oklahoma before I moved, I got a $400 ticket for going 35 over, and I payed it off in a couple days, so it's nothing big. I was actually proud to get that old jug going 112mph on the highway. (He clocked me at 107, but I was already slamming on my brakes hehe)

·
Banned
54 Posts
Talk about cheap speeding fines.

Here in AUS the Highway Gestapo will soon be cutting off fingers and toes, additional to monumental fines and double demerit points in holiday periods.

Years ago I got busted doing 160k's in a 60 zone and got $132.00 +2 points. Nowdays it's summary roadside exicutions.

I'll be adding rotating number plates to my 123 soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Doesn't sound too nice. Only way you get traffic fines in Germany seems to be for idiodicy with an occasional ticket for speeding near the villages if you aren't paying attention, but nothing horrid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We first purchased our first Mercedes back in the late 70's. Always loved the looks of them. I like how they are differant then other cars. They dont copy others and they have their own design to them. They are a blast to drive and they have soul, character, history, pedegree, ingenuity and yes class and prestige. I did not buy mine for prestige. You cant really buy a Mercedes for prestige because there are tons of other luxury cars out there to say one buys luxury for prestige is silly. Does that mean everyone that buys one wants status? No. I love the style of them, interiors are of great quality except I dont like the(old ML, W202, W204) They feel cheap to me. They are always comming up with new ideas and if you go out and buy a 2001 S600 you will still be getting more options and technology and a better ride they 95% of new cars out there. They are years ahead of others. They did have a rough patch thanks to Chysler era. Having been in a family with over 40+ years of Mercedes experiance. Owning, buying, selling, working on and now more recenlty, racing :D. In the summer time I race down in Florida on track and do some auto X as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got it many years back and it was all because of the attractive look, it’s always standout amongst others, so that’s why it was such a wanted thing. In short it’s like my life partner now and without it my life is just incomplete…. It’s tough to exactly describe more what i actually feel as it’s far from any other luxury car!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wanted a quality new vehicle, similar to the ones all my relatives have owned and loved. I also wanted quality post-sale service during the warranty. I was incredibly disappointed in both regards, and I've bought many new vehicles. Never again. If I had known, I would have kept my 1972 and thrown my money into major upgrades / rebuilds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted a quality new vehicle, similar to the ones all my relatives have owned and loved. I also wanted quality post-sale service during the warranty. I was incredibly disappointed in both regards, and I've bought many new vehicles. Never again. If I had known, I would have kept my 1972 and thrown my money into major upgrades / rebuilds.
Unfortunately, I share your feelings. I am on my 3rd Benz and there will not be a 4th. I currently drive a 2016 C300 4matic and it's a rattle trap and the stealership is worthless. My daughters 2007 Ford Edge is twice the vehicle for half the price.... not a squeak or rattle, 208k miles and fluids, tires, brakes, spark plugs and coils are the only investment it's ever needed. My C300 has had the panoramic roof replaced twice, 2 sets of tires, rear brakes twice, fronts once and new plugs and coils all in 30k miles.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts