Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only heard about and seen 19" rims on the w203. I wrote a wheel shop about some rims and the person that replied told me that with 19" you will still need to lower the car, but if you get 20" it'll fill all the space. Does anyone know if that is true, will 20" fit no problem or is he just feeding me some BS. If anyone knows please inform me. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
sounds like some bs. I think that it will fit but when you turn the wheel all the way it will rub on the inner well. Take tire racks recommendations on largest tire size.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i went to good roads looking for rims...I AM POSATIVE THAT 19s fit, and they also said that 20s fit but you need special tires..the tires just came out and are 250$ a piece....i don't know the name of the tires buti know they are good...20s would look amazing as well as 19s.....go with 20s..which rims are u looking at getting?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hate to say it, but 19's are the biggest rim that you can get under the coil/strut cup. I have 19's with an extremely low profile tire and they barely have an eight of an inch between the top of the tire and the strut cup. (I don't know what it is called, but it is where the botton of the coil sits). I also have an H& R cup kit installed on the car and that does nt afect the diameter tire you can put under the car.

Also, I have no problem with them rubbing on a full turn. Let me know if I am wrong. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 C230 sedan sport, and am plannig to get rims. I was wondering if 19x10 will fit in the rear? And if it does fit, will it rub on the fender or back bumber. And how will it look with the sport suspension?

·
Registered
1 Posts
20's on W203

Have you guys saw the new BF Goodrich GForce KDW2 225/30/20 Tire? This tire looks like it would fit on a C class.........Luke...you think it will? It's the same size as a 235/35/19 tire in diameter and it's not as wide. This should fit any C-class.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yo peeps, i just joined the forum, i am looking to buy a mercedes c230 ss in the next year. i am wondering about the 20's on this model.

this guy says he has 20's on his c230
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819697

i have looked at many gallerys and pictures of 19's and very few 20's. What modifications would i need to make to this model for 20's. i am no car technition nor mr noitall, is this an easy modification for the car or should i just go with the 19's?

Does any 19 or 20 inch rim fit on a c230? what specs are needed and what is there needed to know about buying rims for this model. i see numbers and tire sizes for days now and dont know what the mean.

is it better to go with quality rims or big als bargan wheels?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only heard about and seen 19" rims on the w203. I wrote a wheel shop about some rims and the person that replied told me that with 19" you will still need to lower the car, but if you get 20" it'll fill all the space. Does anyone know if that is true, will 20" fit no problem or is he just feeding me some BS. If anyone knows please inform me. Thanks
yes

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts