Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first I would like to say that you guys have a great community over here!

Now to the point, I live in Houston and I believe that there are 2-3 benz dealers here (including the largest one in America). If I shop around do you think that I can get a lower quote if I shop around. I have never bought a benz before and I don't know if the dealers bend any because it is such a high quality/price car.

I am looking to buy a car around April-May next year, and I am starting to look now.

I LOVE the front end on the C230 and I am very interested in getting one. I am looking to spend at the most around 30k-31k after tax (in houston it is 8.25% :evil: ) I don't really care to much about leather, but I would like the xeon lights/bose sound system/cd changer/ panaramic sunroof/ metallic paint. Do you think that I could pull this off? Also, what kind of APR can I expect for 60 months, the lowest mbusa.com would go is 7.9.

Also, does the orinico (sp?) blue really look like that picture that was posted earlier? Thanks from a prospective benz buyer!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The MSRP for a car with your options is $29,260 for a six speed and $30,585 for an automatic. I strongly recommend the C7 option package, especially if you get a six speed. C7 includes a short throw shifter, which really improves the shifting of the transmission. C7 is $759.

Since there are three dealers in your area, you should be able to get a good discount.

And, yes, orion blue looks that good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, so the msrp is 30011 and after tax, that equals 32495, do ou think that I could get the price down to 31000?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I really don't like to include taxes in the discussion because they vary drastically from locality to locality. With an MSRP of $30011, the invoice is about $27960. That is a difference of around $2070 which is much less than the discount you indicate you want. A $2500 discount on a 2003 at this time is way too much, especially if you order the car.

If I were you, I would try pricing the car through a couple of the on-line buying services. Also www.edmunds.com has a True Market Value feature on their site which gives some idea of what the cars have been selling for recently in your location.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I thought that maybe I could get a little bit of a discount if I ordered in March/April and took delivery in late May.

Another question: If you purchase through an online place, do you still have to pay taxes if it is out of state?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts