Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all, this is my first time on a benz forum...i recently bought a 99 C230K and everything is superb on this car...but i have ran into one problem...my front windows and the power mirror control are not working...does anybody have any idea what the problem might be...

Also, i would like to put an aftermarket cd player in this car...i cannot find a wire harness for it...does anyone know where i can get one, or a wire diagram so i can tap directly into the hard lines

thanks

joe

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The only way you can use an aftermarket cd changer with the stock headunit is to use an FM modulator. The factory cd changer connects to the headunit via fiber optics. There is no way to hard wire an aftermarket cd changer.

I'll let Phaedrus answer the window question.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The switch unit in your center console is incredibly sensistive to moisture. I killed mine in my old 202-cheap cupholder + venti starbucks = I'm buying a new switch unit. They really aren't all that expensive and the center shift wood literally pops right out with a plastic wedge. This is very likely the problem as it would not be very probable for both the window control and the mirror control (all integrated into the same switch unit) to develop this problem. Just be glad the shifter was not affected by the introduction of excessive moisture. They are also quite sensitive and VERY expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys....i changed the switch panel and the windows work great now and i also gave up on the cd player idean and just bought a sattelite radio receiver...not as nice as a cd player, but definitely a lot easier...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts