Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
It is freezing right now and my son opened his window and now it is down instead of up and he doesn't know if the motor is blown, or there is a fuse or a manual override on the window. Can anyone help?
It is a 96 Mercedes C220. I sincerely hope there is a manual override. How can we tell if the motor is messed up or it is a fuse. He tried all of the other windows and the sunroof and they ALL WORK! Where would he be able to check and see if it's a fuse. Does he have to take the whole door panel apart to get the window up?
Linda

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Could be a few things. The easiest would be if the switch unit had gone bad. I've seen a few of these over the years, especially when the morning coffee spills on the center console. It could be a bad motor, which although not unheard of, is not beyond the scope of possibility. I would guess it to be a faulty window regulator. If you can hear the motor running when the switch is activated and a metallic crunching sound, I would get a regulator for it. Not a horrible install, but it does require the door panel to be removed and will necessitate the use of a rivet gun to install the new regulator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts