Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a C230/320 Coupe that have had their windows tinted NOT had a problem with the tint scratching? This seems to be the norm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i've heard about the same tint scratching issue on a Saab forum where people would tint their windows and then see scratches on it... if you want, i can give you a link.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i actually haven't had any problems... i think it depends on who does your tinting. i was well aware of the tint scratching problems (see the How To section of this site) so i took my car to a place that handles a lot of MBs. they did their magic... may have cost an few extra $$$ but at least it saved me the agony of having to re-do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dad had his tint done on the CLK and he mentioned the same thing. Apparently, the window gaps are too tight and results in what you described.

FWIW, my mom's old C280 had the same problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
addendum... i took a closer look and i now see that the guys that did my tint affixed a fabric between the window and the panel to prevent the common scratching.

·
Registered
45 Posts
NO PROBLEM WITH MINE. I GOT MY C SPORTS COUPED DONE AT A REGULAR TINT PLACE, AND IT IS GORGEOUS. NO SCRATCHES, NOTHING ! !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts