Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:
Took the c230 sports sedan for a road trip this past weekend.
Before I go to the bad news, I just want to share with every body that
the sports sedan is one fine car, drove to newport RI and back to NY
with 3/4 of a tank with some holiday traffic averaged 30 MPG. A very
enjoyable drive :D . Now the bad news I got a stone chip on the windshield around the size of a pencil eraser it hasn't spread or cracked yet. Whats annoying is that its right at my line of sight when driving :x .
Short of changing the whole thing is there anything else I can do!!!!
TIA

·
Registered
40 Posts
isn't there some kind of gel or something which they inject into the crack which is supposed to prevent it from spreading?

·
Registered
453 Posts
You might try one of those glass repair shops. They can fix most chips where it is no longer visable and in most cases your insurance will wave the deductable and pay for the repair. The bad news is that if the chip is in your line of sight they may not do the repair. I have had several chips repaired with success, but I know that in this area they stay away from chips in the drivers' line of sight. Worth a try though. Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
C230 windshield glass chip

Hi,

I picked up a stone chip about the same size as the "eraser" one mentioned. My insurance company sent me to their local, recommended auto glass shop who repaired the chip by some kind of suction device which left me with a small, faint tiny glass mark which, even if it were in my line of sight, would not be a big deal. Fortunately, mine is low down in the middle of the windshield.
The insurance company were helpful and payed the auto glass company directly. Better that than paying for a new windshield. Good luck.

Al

Vancouver Island

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys!
Spoke with the dealer's service I'm bringing it in
to be checked they have a glass guy coming in to check
if it could be repaired, if not I guess they have to change the
whole thing thank God for glass insurance! Anyway I'll get to
drive my first loaner :wink: