Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it was winterlike conditions the other day and I went to switch my car from summer driving to winter and it wouldnt change. It's like stuck on summer driving..

Has anyone else ran into this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
You mean the C/S switch? The dealer told me thats for winter & summer driving but when i read the manual its for Comfort & Sports. From what i understood Comfort doestnt accelerate that much and shifting of gears is slow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is a w/s switch (03 203k sedan). My understanding is that it only starts you out in second gear rather than first. This is supposed to reduce the torque thus reducing initial tire spin.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MB///HRV said:
jecy said:
I guess they changed the 2004 to C/S! That what i have.
What does your owners manual say about the switch?
S - Sport
C - Comfort

When you select C:

- The vehicle starts out in second gear(both forward & reverse) for gentler starts.
- Traction & driving stability are improved on icy roads.
- Upshifts occurs earlier even when you give more gas. The engine then operates at lower rpms and the wheels are less likely to spin.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Winter mode just disables first gear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just had to say that the C/S switch works very well for me. The C position works very well in icy conditions (sorry to say I have had ample opportunity to verify this lately!).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ice storm here in the Northeast today. I had a great opportunity to use the W setting for the first time, and I must say that it made a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts