Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The website claims you can choose 2 types of wood finish for the 230 Coupe as an option (not in the 230 sedan).
They even have 2 colors, regular wood or a dark grey which seems similar to what Jaguar offers in their Sport packages.
But none of the dealers I went to has ever seen, of heard of it...
Anyone here has it???.Any pictures??
Carsdirect lists that option for $350.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I heard and seen cheap aftermarket wood dash kits on ebay and other web-sites.....but as far as factory options....sorry, dont count on it- Why would you want wood over that elegant carbon fiber look anyway?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is a factory option and you have 2 choices of wood.....Price is $350. It replace the aluminum trim. The only thing I see different is the cupholder cover is wood instead of being black....Still no wood on the doors etc..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I am not a big fan of wood, but the "carbon fiber look" of the coupe is the cheapest looking finish I have seen in years. To me, it just ruins the whole interior. So I think anything is better, including wood.
But dealers have "never heard of it".

·
Registered
17 Posts
The C Coupe comes with "Patterned aluminum trim on dash and console." not carbon fiber. If you go to the MBUSA website, you will find the following 2 options:

1. Brown Poplar details $350.00

2. Charcoal Cinnamorra details $350.00

If your dealer never heard of them then I suggest you either educate him or find a dealer that knows his product.

My dealer in Tampa has a couple on the lot with the wood trim. Personally I don't think it is worth the extra $350. I prefer the REAL brushed aluminum in the coupe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Antoine said:
Well, I am not a big fan of wood, but the "carbon fiber look" of the coupe is the cheapest looking finish I have seen in years. To me, it just ruins the whole interior. So I think anything is better, including wood.
But dealers have "never heard of it".
I guess you have not been a Nissan lately. The metalize plastic dash center panel is as cheap looking as it is cheap. It does not age well and scratches very easily adding to the cheap look. The stock textured aluminum in the Benz console is better looking and more durable that the plastic crap you find on ricemobiles like the Nissan line from the Sentra to the 350Z.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts