Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone has purchased an H7 HID kit for there 2002 C230. I was thinking about it but I want to install it myself to save some money. I have replaced all of my halagon bulbs with different blue filter ones but they don't come close to the HID look. If anyone has done the installation or has how to's that would be awesome.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have put an aftermarket HID kit on my 2002 C240 and it was so simple as plugging in wires. It can take you like 10 minutes to do. Most of the aftermarket HID kits come ready to pluf into the headlight wiring so the installation is easy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. Any place you recommend that I should purchace a kit and what kit to purchase?

·
Registered
32 Posts
forget the bulbs... anyone know how to replace the headlamp covers themselves? something transparent like the sl?

·
Registered
25 Posts
[Thanks so much. Any place you recommend that I should purchace a kit and what kit to purchase?]

Pretty much just look at different websites to see what the prices are. I suggest getting the philips ballasts HID kit. I have the hella ballasts and I had to modify it to hook up to my high beams because my low beams didn't put out enough power. The philips brand allows you to use your low beam connectors since it uses less power. Hope this helps[/quote]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wil check it up. Did you but the Kit for you low beams or for both your hig and low beams.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crazi did you like the look after you installed them was it worth the 500 bucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
definitely worth the money. It looks so much more nicer than stock and the visability is amazing. I would highly recommend making the upgrade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
has anyone priced out the clear lens bi-xenon assemblies that come on the new US/Euro models as a replacement for the original 2002 ones?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not as bad as I expected really. I hope that is not the price per side though!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
To Jstar

Please post the results if you proceed with the conversion, include costs, satisfaction, etc.. Would you do it yourself or have someone else install? 8O I am interested in a conversion as well but don't think that I can afford it.

Have you talked to anyone about warranty impact if you proceed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
At that price, I would rather do some further performance mods first. I also am pretty sure that the wiring harness would have to be modified somehow to include the auto leveling feature of the HIDs. So it looks like it will be a future mod. As for warranty, pretty much any mod will nul the warranty on that particular item if the dealership can tell it has been modded.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Installing the auto-leveling does require modifying the wiring harness. I am not sure if it can even be done by a d-i-y'er. However, in the US, auto-leveling is not required. BTW, it is against Federal Regulations for the dealer to retro-fit the factory HID's. You can do it, another shop can do it, but not the dealer.

Many sedan owners have had the bi-xenons retro-fitted. Very few coupe owners have done so because the units are in short supply for the coupe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts