Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an S430, which came with halogen lights. I would like to upgrade to XENON lights. I would like to buy a used pair of XENON lights from an S500. Will it be easy to install and will the xenon lights work on my S430? Any information regarding this topic would be very helpfull. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
if you are mechanically inclined, the units are not hard to swap out. the control units for the lights are integrated into the housings so it is just the two parts you'll need to replace. you will have to have the dealership change the version coding of the module to accept the new lights before they will work. if you are on good terms with your service advisor they will probably do it for free. also, try and grav some of the new headlights, as the projector beams really set the car off nicely and are not really that much harder to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a Set of projector headlamps from a 03 S class, there is a 2nd plug where it is wired to something inside of the headlight assembly. Where do you wire this plug into? It is a bi-xenon unit, going into a 2000 S430. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Bi-xenons were not available that year. I'd try to get some wiring diagrams. You'll need to fabricate a wiring harness to make it work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyone know where i can get those diagrams? I'm fully capable of fabricating and working electrical wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts