Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my c230k 2 weeks ago and noticed that my buddy who bought his had different tires than I. He had z rated Michelins and I had w rated Continentals. The owners manual says that with the Evolution package I shoud have W's and the brochure says Z's. So I called the dealer and he told me to come in the next day and that they would get me new tires. And they did. And when my wife got home from the dealer with new tires there was some flowers waiting for her from the dealer congratulating us for our new Benz. We were pretty impressed! :D

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The W speed rating is actually higher than the Z rating. I doubt that you will come anywhere near the over 149 mph Z rating, let alone the 168 mph W rating. :D On the other hand, if you changed from Continentals to Michelins, you got a better tire in my opinion.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree with Lynn about the tire brand. I'll never buy Continentals again, and if I buy another Benz (which I hope to do) I will instruct the dealer that they are not acceptable. My car has 15,000 miles and the OEM Conti's are practically worn out. And I drive easy highway miles.

I understand that performance tires are softer compound and all that crap, but give me a break. How many of us are slaloming orange cones at 116 mph during our daily commute?? Give me a tire that will LAST. I hate the fact that my car is eight months old and I'm already having to think about new tires. :x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it strange the z rated tire does not have a max speed rating. It's rated for 149 mph and over. So is the z as good as the y or w? Shouldn't they redo the rating so it has a max like all the others at least for safety reasons? (Not like I will be going fast enough to worry about that)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts